Module 5, analyzing the linkages and contribution of local foods to local economies through input-output analysis
Module 5 begins the more technical portion of this Toolkit and meant for team members with more advanced economic training. This module discusses how to estimate the linkages and economic impacts of local and regional foods systems in local economies through input-output analysis. The module also provides a brief background on economic impact concepts. In this module you will learn:
- How to conceptualize the changes that may be occurring in your study area;
- Basic community economics development concepts;
- The basic terminology and uses of input-output models;
- The content and definitions of industrial multipliers;
- The limits to input-output analysis.